Wednesday, January 17, 2007

CLEARWATER PASS IS ON FIRE!

I have bean getting reports that the ICW between Clearwater Pass and Tarpon Springs is full of bait. Scaled sardines and white bait are said to be every where! As we all know, where you find the bait you find the game fish. I have bean told that the grass flats between the Anclote River and the Dunedin Causeway are producing catches of up to 100 trout a day. These aren't just your average trout though. With water temperatures in the lower 70's this year instead of the lower 60's, the big yellow mouth trout, the 20+ inch breeders that normally show up in March, are showing up in large numbers. I am also being told that the southern inside edge of Clearwater Pass is producing great catches of these large trout, big red fish, pompano, and whiting. I don't know about you, I'm going fishing!
Tony