Thursday, October 07, 2010

Everglades Fishing Report 10-7-2010

October 3, 2010
The thing is
Filed under: Everglades Fishing — Captain Ned Small @ 4:53 pm

 Some nice things are happening.

Soon the redsnook tournament will be over and things can get back to normal. ‘Nobody fishing and the whole place to ourselves. There’s a few tarpon in the river, a few big ones in that cove across from you know where.

 Tonight is the first cold front, there should be reds. That is to say, more reds.

New palms, thanks to Bill L.,  are taking hold in the yard. Gossia Maya, Hurricane Palm, Cat Palm, and more. I’m trying to raise a flowering hedge along the southern edge where we launch. But Captain John Stark keeps running over everything I plant, trying to launch his boat in the pre-dawn darkness by backing up to the water. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, the helical steering route that Captain John takes through my neighbors yard and over the hedge,  …crushing all seedlings,  …well,  …I guess,  …I could understand how someone could say, …you know what I mean?  …That there might be something wrong with that.

 I haven’t found them myself yet, but there are some marauding schools of juvenile snook in the back of beyond. You have to pole forever and then catch lots of 17 inch snook. I know where to look.

 We just blew through Teal Season. Me an’ Lindsay limited out in that tropical storm. We paddled in the darkness through the jungle wilderness in tiny canoes to One Mile Prairie. It was awesome.

Snipe season is coming up.

The second duck season too.

There’s small tarpon.

I will guide for food.

Captain Ned Small
239-695-4993
www.sightfish.com/
sightfish@embarqmail.com
All photos are the exclusive property of Capt. Ned Small 

No comments: