Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Apalachicola Flats Are On Fire!


Chris with redfish

There is one good thing about the economy, the fish could care less. After my second day of fishing the skinny water in my new marsh boat and landing 27 reds on fly, I had to write a report. With the combination of lower water temps and a large amount of shrimp and baitfish around, the flats are on fire. All of our barrier island spots have been holding fish but with the low low tides I have been fishing the skinny back water areas because of the abundance of shrimp. Let me tell you from a seasoned flats guides point of view, the sight fishing for reds does not get any better in the state of Florida. I do not want this season to slip by and me say, wow you should have fished this last fall and winter, it was great. There has always been something that bugs me as a guide here in Franklin county, and that is after Tarpon season our wonderful shallow water fishery is kind of forgotten about. Come on down and lets go fishing.

Capt. Chris Robinson

Robinson Brothers Guide Service
118 Commerce St. - Apalachicola, FL 32320
850-653-8896
www.FloridaRedfish.com

Please Note: Capt. Chris is available to fish this weekend and next weekend due to a cancellation. Please call or email for his open dates.

No comments: