Monday, March 26, 2007

Pinellas County Fishing Piers

This afternoon I spoke with Big Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach and the North Skyway Fishing Pier in the mouth of Tampa Bay. Bob at Big Pier 60 tells me that his customers are catching speckled trout, silver trout, and sheepshead. Live shrimp is the best bait but frozen shrimp and squid also work well. The North Skyway Fishing Pier tells me that spanish mackerel were biting very well this morning and they had just started biting again when I called around 1:30 this afternoon. There is a high tide around 6pm, so the fishing should be good until then. I would look for the same pattern to hold true for the next few days, good fishing in the early morning and starting again about five hours before the high tide of the afternoon. For more information contact;
Big Pier 60
727-462-6466
Clearwater Beach, FL

North Skyway Fishing Pier
727-865-0668
10501 Sunshine Skyway Bridge
St. Petersburg, Fl 33711